The history of the football club from material available can be traced back to 1918. In those early days matches were played on the Alpine Estate which was on the corner of Cumberland Road and Gaffney Street where Nicholson Cellars (now BWS) was situated. Matches were also played around Bolingbroke Street.
Prior to the inaugural constitution of the football and cricket club in 1925, players and officials cleared crown land which is now Raeburn Reserve, the club’s current home. The earliest football team photo in the club possession is 1926. The first grandstand was built in the late 1920s during the presidency of Bob Taylor. It was named the Robert H.Taylor Pavilion and the commemorative plaque is in the current committee room preserved for posterity.
The club competed in the association Sub District competition against clubs such as West Melbourne, North Melbourne, West Coburg, Footscray, Windsor, West Preston, being runners up in 1935. During the latter part of the 1930s, the club transferred to the League Sub District competition, clubs at the time being South Melbourne District, Richmond District, East Brunswick, Kew, Fairfield, Sunshine etc. During this period the club was looked upon as Essendon thirds. Open age sides were not fielded during the war, but the club under 18 and under 21 known as Sons of Solders.
1940's and 1950's
In 1946 the club won its first A Grade flag in the League Sub District competition under legendary coach Garmah Jones, its one and only A Grade flag to date. The remaining years in the 1940s and early 1950s saw the open age continue in the Sub District competition before changing its name to Raeburn Football Club enabling it to join the Essendon District Football League later changing back to the Pascoe Vale Football Club. The under 21 team continued on and played in the Northern District Football League until the age group was disbanded.
1955 saw the commencement of the under 17 competition playing in the Northern District League under the guidance of the astute Athol Attwater. The under 15s commenced the next year in 1956, this then formed the basis of the club today.
1960's and 1970's
The Northern District Football League, after several name changes eventually collapsed, due mainly to not being able to attract open aged sides. Pascoe Vale moved its juniors to the Essendon Football League. The club continued to expand, winning numerous reserve and under aged flags, eventually out growing the old pavilion and its facilities, a building fund was commenced in the late 1960s. After a fire which destroyed most of the old pavilion, the A.B.Attwater Pavilion was built in conjunction with the Coburg Council.
It took until 1988, under coach Alan Dalton, to break the drought with a B grade EDFL Flag. Continued expansion provided a number of premierships in reserves and under age and in the late 90s an amalgamation in the junior section with St Francis was the first for the club. The Pascoe Vale Football Club has come a long way from its humble beginning at the Alpine Estate.
2000 and Beyond
In 2011 the seniors won a B grade premiership to take the Panthers to A grade, where the seniors remain. With 18 teams across all ages, both men and women, the club continues to go from strength to strength with tradition, and the dedication and loyalty of its members
being strengths. Pascoe Vale Sports Club has become one of the largest multi-cultural community organisations in the local area. We are proud of our achievements to date and are determined to make the Club larger, more popular and more successful than ever before.